11 October 2008

boring, bland banana bread


I took this recipe from AllRecipes and ruined it. In the loaf on the left, I replaced the 1 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of honey, used whole wheat flour, and replaced the butter with applesauce. In the loaf on the right, I replace the 1 cup of sugar with a 1/2 cup of brown sugar, replace the butter with applesauce, and added 1/4 cup chopped walnuts. It baked too long. Honestly, other than the fact that it really wasn't sweet enough, it was pretty good. You could totally taste the honey in the first loaf. It was more moist, too. We topped it with a little butter and cinnamon sugar.

I found two small-ish fire ant mounds but I was, unfortunately, too late. We noticed nasty, pus-filled bumps on the wee one's wee feet yesterday. I boiled two giant pots of water tonight and made their mounds into ant soup.

I'm not going to apologize for mentioning pus and bread in the same post, so there.

No comments: