11 October 2008

bake on saturday

I'd LOVE to bake today. What shall I make? If only I weren't afraid to try bagels... I have this 7 Seed Crust blend I picked up at TJ Maxx and it would make a nice topping for everything bagels. The Wild Yeast blog is my baking wonderland. I read, and dream, of someday being able to bake more than a small, dense loaf of bread. I purchaed The Tassajara Bread Book and The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book a few months ago and realized I don't have the time to read, comprehend, and execute the information and recipes in these books, at this point in my life.

I did make today's activity baking.

Saturday - Yard

Mow lawn (we have a cute little push reel mower)
Spray weeds
Spray for bugs and check for fire ant hills

Big kid cleans out her craft cupboard

Family night (fun dinner, movie, games, relaxed bedtime)
Family meeting (based on format from Positive Discipline)

I will check the propane level in the grill and tidy the garage, as needed.

No comments: