09 October 2008

cross post

I'm always trying put my ducks in neat, tidy rows. Sometimes I focus on the blue ducks (I've always wanted to see a blue duck), sometimes I focus on the red ducks. Now I'm trying to just focus on the ducks regardless of their color.

I'm doing this by trying to accomplish general order in my life with a routine. I'm big into routines for the kids but never have been able to do them for myself. I take that back. See my duck analogy. I have been known to obsess about the gym OR what I eat OR sewing OR a particular craft OR photography OR you get the picture. I realize it may not be unusual but I'm tired of too many things getting ignored because I'm putting so much into one thing.

Those of you who know me and have ever been to my house may be surprised to know I have never had a cleaning schedule. I do a good job of cleaning when other people are coming over. Here, with no friends, my housekeeping has been pretty sorry. As a consequence, I think, most things about me have been pretty sorry. Which came first, the mess or my sense of self worth? Who knows?

Anyway, I made this pretty little set of business card sized daily chore lists. They fit nicely in the planner I picked up for 10 bucks at ross. I can place mark the weekly pages with the clear plastic business card holder and have my list handy.

Yes, I realize this is just as sick as what I think I'm curing.

I have felt more accomplished and busy so I guess that's good.

No comments: