06 October 2008

wash on monday

Just Monday? Thank goodness for modern technology. I can see only being able to do wash once a week as a pioneer. Heating water, shaving soap, boiling the laundry, rubbing out the stains, scrubbing on the washboard, rinsing, and hanging to dry would be an all day chore. Fortunately (unfortunately?), for me, I can accomplish more on a Monday.

Here's my busy schedule. Boy, I'm so glad I don't have friends to tie up my day.

Monday - Master Bedroom

Pick up
Dust
Strip bed
Spray (Oust/Lysol) pillows and mattress
Gather laundry

Unload dishwasher
Start laundry
Vacuum (do stairs on my way up)
Switch/Fold/Put away laundry as needed
Enter coupons on my have/wish lists @ HCW
Menu plan (Wednesday - Tuesday*)

The first Monday of the month I will clean the mater bedroom walls, blinds, baseboards, and fans.

*Grocery store sales run Tuesday through Wednesday. I'll shop on Wednesday and this way I get out when the sales are fresh.

I'm also going to figure out a schedule for the things I love. I think Mondays will be my day to focus on new recipes since it's already menu planning day.

No comments: