02 March 2009

swiffer project

I finally got around to turning the big kid's old diaper soakers into swiffer pads. They were frayed and worn so I thought I'd give them an extra zig-zag stitch around the edge to keep them whole. I used four pieces of 2" loop side Aplix (a) approximately 2 1/2 inches long. The diaper soaker (b) is quite a bit longer than the Swiffer but I thought it came in handy for getting right up against the baseboards.


I put the Aplix on so it would catch the outside edge of the hook material on the Swiffer.
Getting that "non-refillable" bottle apart? That's something I didn't have great success with so you may want to read this. I cut the lower rim of the cap off but now it leaks...a little. I refilled it with vinegar and water and just took the bottle off after mopping. I was tempted to post how filthy the new soaker-pad was but didn't want to gross anyone out. I'm pleased with the outcome!

No comments: