06 March 2009

this old dog swears like a sailor when learning new tricks

Ever heard of Sort Floor Books? Their prices are amazing! I like to go there and search for the words, "kit" and "set" and "deck." Because the site is very basic, I usually have a window open with Amazon so I can read reviews and get a description. Before my spending freeze, I ordered a bunch of fun "how-to" books and they arrived today.

Knit Knack Kit (Amazon page)
Down & Dirty: 43 Fun & Funky First-time Projects & Activities to Get You Gardening (Sort Floor Books must be sold out of this one but I paid WAY less than the Amazon price.)
Kids Crochet: Projects for Kids of All Ages (Amazon Page)
It's a Stitch: 21 Patchwork Quilt Projects with an Eye on Tradition (Amazon page)
Stitch-It Kit (Amazon page)

My total was around $32 and I'm pleased with all my purchases. They arrived in excellent condition even though two of them were listed as used. Which brings me to the title of this blog entry... It's a good thing I waited until the big kid and wee one were in bed before I attempted the knitting kit. Thank goodness for You Tube! I nearly tossed the whole lot in the trash. I think the book explains it as best it can, but I am a visual learner and needed the extra insight.

I don't see any sweaters or booties in my future, so be on the look-out for an exciting dish cloth hand knit by yours truly.

2 comments:

wildflowers said...

go here http://www.knittinghelp.com/
that is how I finally learned how to knit. I had been trying off and on since I was 16, finally got it here.

Mama said...

another recommendation for knittinghelp.com. I taught myself to knit using their videos.