12 March 2009

speaking of clutter...


Scattered around the house, I have projects at various stages of completion. This was a late night curious attempt at crocheting a small ball. I didn't have stitch markers when I started it and I'm going to pull it apart and restart.

These are kidlets I am making for a friend. I'm going to try another variation to make them more kid-toting friendly without interfering with the hanging design.

Here we have an Ikea easel the big kid and I rescued from the garbage truck a couple of weeks ago. It needs a cleaning (maybe paint?) and some new hinges.

This is my second dishcloth attempt. The cheap circular needles that came with the Knit Knack kit broke. No big deal, they were a pain in the rear anyway.

The Baron fished these beauties out of the dumpster a while back. I need to get them done before it gets too hot and humid out. I'm a little nervous because I plan to use spray paint, a first for me. They make that plastic spray paint and I'm hoping it works like I'm expecting it to. I want to go bright and cheery with these. I'm on the hunt for some bright and sturdy fabric to recover the seats and backs. All of this hinges on me being able to get them apart, of course.

1 comment:

Punkcountrygal said...

Wow that easel is an awesome score! ( and the chairs too) that is one thing I miss about living in military housing. Bulk pick up day! People were always throwing away nice things!

Hope you and the girls are doing well!