16 March 2009

sew-sew projects

I'm not terribly pleased with how either of these turned out. I followed Cute2Carry's tutorial, tracing a cardboard sleeve. The coffee cozy seems bulky. I know I've seen a tutorial for a button and hair elastic closure; I may need to give that a whirl.

The crayon roll was irritating. It didn't take a long time but the steps seemed to drag on. No way around it, that I can see, just not as much fun as I thought it would be. The 3/4" spacing to fit 16 crayons was too close, I think. I'm going to try again using 1" spacing and only fill with 12 crayons. I've already cut 2 more using the 13" length from the Chocolate On My Cranium tute. I'm going to try the 16 1/2" length tute from Skip To My Lou, next.

1 comment:

Tess said...

Those are pretty cute! I'm sorry they were a pain. :(