23 January 2009

i heart tutes

I may not follow through on the many tutuorials I find online, but I do enjoy seeing creativity exhibited in simple, easy steps. This goes along well with my passion for fabric. You'd never guess I have a eye for such things, considering how basic and not-trendy my wardrobe is. My uniform of the day is usually jeans/khakis and a v-neck/polo shirt.

My craft drive is a hot or cold thing. I'm either sewing night and day or I scowl and curse my machine everytime I pass it in the laundry room. I have a hard time doing certain things in moderation but that's a conversation for another day (or never.)

I found several online tutorial lists and decided to compile my own. Here's my dream list of things I'd like to start and complete.

Pincushion/Thread-catcher
Tea Wallet
Sewing Kit (baby food jar)
Sandwich Wrap
Journal Cover

I have my own idea, swirling in my head for an over-night toiletry bag. Something both cute and functional to hold a small shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, and razor. I want this for our quick getaways when we evacuate.

I've played around with reusable bottle carriers and pint ice cream cozies but would love to perfect these patterns.

For kids, I want to try:

Crayon Roll
Felt Food
Fabric Concentration

I've made felt hairclips and have a ton that are half done. Shock!

I found some 2ml Pul on ebay. I picked up a few half yards of fabric from The Fat Quarter Shop. I couldn't resist a bundle of remnants from littlefishbigpond on Etsy.

Wish me luck. I hope I am still feeling inspired when it all arrives.

1 comment:

First Star to the Right said...

The crayon roll I think would be great for restaurants. I am going to try to make the sandwich wrappers.