22 November 2008

fragrance review

That is a laughable title. Anyone who knows me well, knows I am not a fragrance and beauty aficionado. However, I recently made my annual cosmetic purchase from Sephora. I chose the little fragrance samples for my free gifts. Included was Kenzo Amour eau de parfum. I purposely didn't look up the expert desciption. I wanted to post my impression before verifying what the undertones and notes are supposed to be.

My description: A light vanilla scent followed by the pungent aroma of play-dough.

Now, I'm going to look up the real description.



Kenzo Amour


Kenzo introduces a soft, sensual, serene fragrance with a woody, musky scent. Olfactory evocations of travelling through Asia, with memories of India, Indonesia, Japan, Burma, and Thailand. Lovely places, filled with vibrant colors and aromas.


Notes:
Frangipani Blossoms from Bali or Borobudur, Cherry Blossoms from Japan, Tanakha Wood, Incense, Thai Rice Steam, Vanilla of La RĂ©union, White Tea from China.

Style:
Soft. Sensual. Feminine.



Hmmm, no mention of play-dough. Know what's funny? I really like it! The play-dough smell goes away once it's on my body.

No comments: