17 November 2008

challenge: love your kitchen gadget(s)


After some thought, I am going to pick only one item to pamper this week. We are having a garage sale this weekend and I need to resist the urge to toss a bunch of things in the pile. I've done it before. Then I ask the Baron where my M&M shaped cookie jar* went, forgetting we sacrificed it the year before.

I am going to make a point of using my mandolin. It was a much appreciated gift from a friend but I've found it cumbersome to clean. I'm a bit of a clutz, too, and washing it makes me nervous. I like having 10 fingers.

I am first going to read about my lovely Beriner mandolin. Then I'm going to hunt for recipes.

So, what are you going to dig out of your cupboards this week? Any plans for how you'll use it? Please post in your own blog and link back in the comments section. I hope we have a good turn out for this little challenge as I'd like to make it a regular thing.

*I do not, nor have I ever, owned an M&M shaped cookie jar.

1 comment:

Tess said...

You are so funny! An M&M shaped cookie jar would be cute...for about 5 minutes!