12 December 2008

snow? seriously?

I like moderate weather. California really is my kind of place. If not for the traffic, crime, high cost of living, traffic and traffic; I'd be chomping at the bit to move back. I became an adult there. My own place. My own bills. I met the Baron, fell in love, and got married. It's more hip and cool than my southern experience, for sure. They have mountains and ocean. I'll stop there with the comparisons. I don't want to anger any of those who feel a deep love for a specific region.

There is a roaring wave of nostalgia that overtakes me when I smell wood burning. Bonfires, fireplaces, and even brush piles being burned in fall; all make me homesick. Hot cocoa, chapstick, slippers, and fuzzy blankets are something I want in my life.

However, you can keep your 6+ inches of snow. It's nice to look at. The occasional snowman would be lovely. I think sledding is grand. I just don't want to drive in it. Black ice, sleet, tractor-trailers flipped on their sides on the morning news, and scraping ice are not for me. I enjoyed the flurries for two minutes yesterday. No more, please.

And yet, I want to move to Colorado. Also, did you notice I'm into lists today?

No comments: