06 November 2008

fiesta?



I love my dishes. I went with the basic rainbow approach and purchased scarlet, tangerine, sunflower, shamrock, peacock, and heather. They were my Birthday/Christmas present last year.

The dishes we had before were ho-hum Pfaltzgraff "Hopscotch" pattern from 12 years prior. They were white with a blue checkered border and varying pieces of fruit painted in the middle. The perfect blah dishes for a blah me.

The Fiesta appeals to the hidden, chaotic me. I find great pleasure in the table set with a red plate and peacock bowl resting on a yellow place mat. I have dreams of using these dishes when we have friends over for dinner. Anybody know where I can get a rainbow of friends?

The amazing place mats are from Kohl's. They were a clearance item that I found this summer. Granny and I stumbled on them when she was here last month and I stocked up. They are too perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are sooo pretty! I want that too!

Baroness of Blah said...

Thanks, I forgot the BEST part. They are made in the USA.

wildflowers said...

oooo pretty!!!
Mine are plain PLAIN white. Maybe one day I will go a little wild and get those.