02 October 2008

washing my hair? watching a debate?

Which excuse should I use for not going to PTO this evening?

We're going even though I wish we weren't. The Baron needs to relay information about the haunted house aka haunted field tent he's suddenly found himself organizing. I am supposed to show up and dazzle them with my many sources who are clamoring to be vendors at the Fall Festival.

Thanks to helpful fellow PTO members I had a list of 20 names. The only thing is, I haven't heard back from anybody. Okay, there was that one lady who said, "maybe next year" and the other lady who has moved half a continent away since the PTO acquired her business card, but other than those two, I've got zip. Oh yeah, I told them I had no contacts, no resources, which was my way of saving some dignity. Maybe I should have said I have no friends, no social connections, then I wouldn't be the Chairperson of the Craft Fair at the Fall Festival. Could I be any more pathetic?

No comments: