30 October 2008

organize your coupons, organize your life

Not really. I've had organized coupons for months and my life still gets crazy. It's a nice title though, no?

I have a photo storage box from Michaels that I think cost me $10 for three. As you can see, my box is looking a little worn and it's probably time to grab one of those other two boxes I picked up. I like this box because it fits coupons that run the width of an insert page without buckling. The dividers are made from cardstock and packing tape. The photo boxes come with index cards but not enough for the number of categories I created. Also, the colors help me find what I'm looking for quicker. I tried to put the categories in aisle order.



Categories:

Paper/Soap (toilet paper, paper towel, paper dishes, kleenex, hand soap and dish soap)
Air Freshner (plug ins, candles, and sprays)
Soda/Candy (bottled water, candy, chocolates, soda, energy drinks, and "health" bars)
Make Up (cosmetics and beauty tools)
Lotion
Face (cleansers, creams, and treatments)
Shampoo
Hair product (hair dye, treatments, etc.)
Kids/Diaper (wipes, diapers, baby food, nutritional supplements, soaps, shampoos, etc.)
Eye Drops
Band Aids (adhesive bandages, first aid, and ointments)
Deodorant
Body Wash (bar soaps and liquid body soap)
Dental (toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, etc.)
Feminine (lubricants, hygiene, OTC medication)
Vitamins (preventative supplements)
Razors (shaving cream and razors)
Cold Remedy
Allergy
Pain Reliever
Sunscreen/Bug Spray
Stomach (gas, indigestion, heartburn, etc.)
Cleaning (this could stand to be broken up more, in hindsight)
Laundry
Baking (flour, sugar, yeast, baking mixes, artificial sweeteners, etc.)
BBQ Sauce/Marinade
Condiments
Jelly/PB
Dips/Spreads/Dressings
Soups
Rice/Pasta
Canned Veg/Fruit
Cereal (breakfast foods)
Juice
Coffee/Cocoa Mix/Tea/Drink Mix
Snacks
Canned Food
Ziploc/Trash
Frozen Meal
Frozen Fruit/Veg
Desserts
Refrigerated Meats
Bread/Produce
Yogurt
Cheese
Milk/Eggs/Margarine
Diet
Odds and Ends
Animal

1 comment:

Cel said...

thanks!!! Your posts are extremely helpful. I bought a bigger organizer. I don't have nearly as many coupons as you do. I wish there was a walgreens here to pick your brain on the sales :p.