30 October 2008

how to clip coupons

I buy a minimum of 4 papers/inserts. I have two papers available in my area. I will thumb through both occasionally but most often buy the more expensive, imported (from 50 miles away) paper. They get better coupons, meaning more coupon variety and higher coupon values.

Here is how I cut down on the work load.

Gather all like inserts.


Peel off the top page (which is the front/back cover) and stack them neatly. I am showing them stacked not-so-neatly.

Cut the stack of inserts leaving a good size margin around the dotted line. You don't want to chop off the expiration or bar code. Be careful you aren't infringing on another coupon on the flip side.

Flip insert page(s) over and check for more coupons.
You're done(with that page)! Repeat until all coupons are clipped. File away for future redemption. I sometimes pull aside the coupons I know are going to be hot that week so I don't have to search later. See the following post.

No comments: