04 December 2008

falling behind

I'm in a rut and can't keep up with things. What kind of rut could I be in, you ask? The kind of rut that makes one lose one's mind. I am in the middle of contemplating homeschooling the big kid. This would mean a lot of changes (all for the better if I can give in to them) in our daily routines.

I shouldn't even be uttering the words "home school" when I've barely scratched the surface. On to other things...

We made church windows. I don't have photos of the finished craft. The piles of delicate, colorful tissue paper make me happy anyway.



I used the mandoline/mandolin/Benriner again. I sort-of kind-of followed this recipe for Yukon Gold Potato Gratin. It was good. It may have been better with a stronger cheese.



This is proof of how very different the wee one is from the big kid. The big kid never differentiated between bread and crust. The wee one is a finicky eater.

2 comments:

Tess said...

I like the pile of tissue papers! :) Isn't it funny how they can be so different and share the same genes?

jenn said...

good luck with your decision, melissa. i am really interested in hs'ing, but tring to get john on board - it is not easy.