24 September 2008

who am i kidding?

My social life is already dead. This past Sunday marks a year in this lifeless place. Three more years until my escape. There is no permanent library. There are no fun parks nearby. Sure we have a couple of museums, but I haven't bothered to check them out. I'm not even sure if they've totally recovered from Katrina. There is a Discovery Center but going there reminds me I have no friends (and no money.)

We don't have a babysitter. We couldn't afford one anyway. My only social outlet is PTO and chatting up the cashiers at my local stores. I am a shopping addict of a different kind. I entertain myself by clipping coupons and shopping with as little money out of pocket as possible. Then I come home and take pictures of my booty. It's sad, like a hunter displaying his kill.

I do the occasional craft but that leaves me shut up in a room, keeping scissors and pins out of small hands (and eyes and mouths.) I like to use my two year old Nikon D50 to make myself feel like a fool for spending so much money on something I know nothing about.

No comments: